We use semantic versioning:
Given a version number MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH, increment the:
MAJOR version when you make incompatible API changes, MINOR version when you add functionality in a backwards-compatible manner, and PATCH version when you make backwards-compatible bug fixes. Additional labels for pre-release and build metadata are available as extensions to the MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH format.
- v0.1.0-alpha.1 will be the alpha version, ready to test with a small focus group (e.g. the IWW in Cardiff). Tweaks will be of the form v0.1.0-alpha.2, etc.
- This encompasses creating all the core features for an MVP.
- v0.1.0-beta.1 will be the beta version, ready for wider testing. Further tweaks will have the form v0.1.0-beta.2, etc.
- We will try not to add major new features during the beta. We will use this stage to make sure that we are production-ready.
- v1.0.0 will be the first public release, i.e. ready to release on app stores.